Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Ambassador

Oh yes, that's me--- the Ambassador! :) I'd like to believe that I'm a great representative of the Philippines here in Singapore [haha. no violent reactions pls! It's just something that makes me smile and feel good! :)]. Well, I am particularly talking about the RMG office...There have been numerous 'bakasyonistas' from Manila coming here in SG. What makes it extra special (at least for me!) is that they visit me to see the office here. I don't mind touring them around since the office is really small and there's actually nothing to see there! hehe. But it was always my pleasure showing them the office as I feel a pride and joy that I will always be FROM the Manila office! (grabe kung nababasa lang 'to ni Sir Tom! :p)

Anyway, here's the story... I met up with some of the US Research Analysts today: Renz, Jeff and Issa. I've known Renz for a while now since she has been with the office for 4 or 5 yrs... Jeff is the bubbly and cute 'girl' (he used to be Krisna's favorite teammate)...Issa was my 'kababayan' from Batangas. It was the first time I met her though. I don't know her since she used to work at the 28F and I was at the 19F... Anyway, after touring them around the office, I invited them for coffee. Like any other catch-ups I have with my friends, it was great hanging out and chatting with them. It feels good talking to familiar people and to someone you have something in common! I don't know, it just really feels different being with them. For a while, I felt alive once again and normal! =P At least I don't need to pretend or something. I just feel I was myself once again. :) No pretensions. No efforts. No best foot forward.

Well, I'm back to reality...there was a certain heartache once again in me when I got back to the office. At least for 2 hours, I forgot I was working in the SG office... oh well, that's life... MOVE ON!

1 comment:

anne said...

hugs for you O! at least even for just a little while, you felt something other than pagkabugnot and sadness...miss you!